Military veterans and ex-forces

If you're a veteran or ex-forces, let your GP know. This will help us to give you the best care we can.

Your GP may ask to see your military medical records. This will be kept confidential.

As well as giving you care, your GP may suggest you visit specialist mental and physical health services, or armed forces charities.

You'll be able to speak to people who:

  • understand military life
  • are from the armed forces community, or work closely with them
  • will work to get you the care you need

You can also read the NHS website guide to healthcare for the armed forces community.

Other resources and services